I discovered Chirashi movie posters when I was looking for Dawn of the Dead posters. They are just about the coolest things ever. They are basically the size of a magazine and the art on some of them is awesome. They are pretty cheap to purchase and even cheaper to frame. There are a ton of different styles for certain movie titles, so they make really good collection pieces. My wife and I had a blast looking through all of them listed on the site below. It took us forever to pick out the ones we wanted but man did we get some cool ones! Check them out – even if you don’t find something you like enough to buy, you can at least appreciate all of the neat variations of your favorite movie posters…in Japanese!
Starting Friday at 1pm EST, XBox Live will offer Nuketown 24/7 with Double XP! I’ve never caught one of these 24/7 things before. I’m excited! This is my favorite board on Black Ops. I’m currently playing the Ascension map packs because I really don’t like the original maps. The Double XP is intriguing…I’m wondering if I could Prestige, start over and Prestige again.
I just found this too…Evil Controllers – Where good controllers go bad!. The controllers they make are really slick looking. My wife has a fancy schmancy controller and I think I want one too. I’m liking the green and black. Or maybe the red and black. Hmmm….
Guest Writer: The Wife
This movie is totally underrated. The opening is fabulous and the goodness just continues throughout the movie. The characters are charmingly constructed and you really can’t help but like the Robinson family. There is plenty of gore and lots of story – there is even a love story…with a zombie! Carrie-Anne Moss does an outstanding job of playing her role without over-playing it. All I know is that the credits will role at the end and you will have a smile on your face.
Highly recommend this little gem of a zombie movie. Check out the trailer!
Ok, so I know this has been around on the internet for awhile, but I just saw it. If you haven’t seen it yet do yourself a favor and watch it. It is hilarious.
It may not look like much because of the missing paint. You might think this figure would be headed to the beater pile, but hold up there Sparky…this figure is something special.
I added this super rare figure to my collection recently. I was very excited to acquire this because the variation is rare and it is difficult to get here in the States since it was never manufactured here. The variation is a darker tunic and was exclusive to Spain (I think). It is a PBP figure and again…SO glad I was able to get this one!
Guest Writer: The wife
I don’t know about you, but I am SO excited for this card. Dos Santos is a beast and Carwin has proven himself to be durable and dominating so this fight should be a bloody battle. For those of you who don’t watch MMA…why not? It’s awesome! I like it because I can root for anyone – not restricted to a hometown team or anything like that. It is an equal opportunity sport when you think about it. Anyone can win at any given moment during a fight. So exciting!
This fight card prepares to shock you! So many good fights…
- Dos Santos vs Carwin as the main fight: This fight should be action packed with two very aggressive strikers ready to prove themselves.
- Kenny Florian vs Diego Nunes: I fear this fight will turn into a ground fight as Florian will probably want to take Nunes out of his comfort zone and onto the ground when Florian can pull a submission on him. I’d rather see it stay standing and will continue hoping for that.
- Jon Olav Einemo vs Dave Herman: Gonna be honest here…I don’t know who either of these guys are. I’ll go with Einemo because his middle name is Olav.
- Damian Maia vs Mark Munoz: This should be an insane grappling match and ground fight. Munoz is a strong wrestler and looks (to me anyway) like he is way stronger than Maia. Having said that though, Maia is vicious with his takedowns and his sneaky, sneaky, sneaky submissions. I love watching Maia do his thing on the ground. He is SO slick.
- Donald Cerrone vs Vagner Rocha: I am not too excited about this fight, but that’s probably because I’ve never seen Vagner Rocha fight. I’ve seen Cerrone pull some sick submissions on opponents, but that’s about it. I hope he does some more of that for this fight.
- Sam Stout vs Yves Edwards: Here’s a blast from the past! These two experienced fighters should put up an exciting fight. Sam Stout, while sometimes taking it slow and safe, has game changing moments during fights when he just explodes in a flurry of strikes that I find to be very entertaining.
- Jesse Bongfeldt vs Chris Weidman: Wait, who? Bongfeldt? Yeah, guess we’ll see what happens there…
- Krzysztof Soszynski vs Igor Pokrajac: I don’t recall seeing Igor Pokrajac fight before but I hope he is dominant in this fight. With a name like Igor, you kinda have to win don’t you?
- Nick Ring vs James Head: I’ve only seen Nick Ring fight once and it wasn’t that exciting. I’ll give him a chance those, since he’s undefeated coming into this fight.
- Dustin Poirier vs Jason Young: I’ve never seen Young fight but I know Poirier is a finisher, so I expect lots of vicious striking from these two. Looking forward to this one – I love the 145-ers. They have so much energy they look like they are going to explode at any moment!
- Joey Beltran vs Aaron Rosa: The “Mexicutioner” is pretty underwhelming so I hope Rosa is aggressive and really drives this fight. Otherwise, we could be in for a snooze-fest.
- Michihiro Omigawa vs Darren Elkins: Omigawa is always entertaining to watch. He always puts up a good fight, whether he wins or not. By the way, Darren Elkins looks like he’s already been in a few fights…
Lots of 145-ers fighting so there will be a ton of energy for this card. I am looking forward to it! Who do you think is going to win?
Also thought you all would enjoy this, cause who doesn’t love saving some cash? UFC coupon! MMA Gear now on Sale, up to 60% off!
Guest Writer: The wife
Yeah, I know it is cheesy, but I LOVE this show! Pat and I are addicted and cannot wait for the next season. Here’s a taste for the rest of you fans…
Um, yeah can’t wait for that. I think it is the absurdity of it all, plus the really good characters that makes me love the show. They have done things I could never have imagined (think Bill and Lorena) and they manage to keep the story really funny. Anyone watch the show? Who is your favorite character?
Also, thought I’d pass this along…I found an awesome coupon for 20% off True Blood Season 2. Kinda wish I had this before I bought my copy. Get the True Blood Season 2 DVD at 20% off PLUS Shop for Exclusive Fan Gear from the True Blood Set
I recently picked this figure up in a lot that was advertised as C85. I personally do not agree with that grade, even after being cleaned up, but I still got it for a bargain.
Amazing transformation, right? I was skeptical of the one leg – I really doubted whether I would be able to get that clean. Did I mention that I LOVE Magic Erasers?
If you have some amazing before and after pictures of funky Star Wars figures, please share! I love seeing the vast differences in appearance!
Guest Writer: The Wife
I will probably get some disagreement on this, but I really enjoyed this movie. Yeah, it was really cheesy and the acting was terrible…but it was entertaining and pretty gory. Plus, it takes place in an insane asylum…that just adds a whole new layer to the story. The story itself was fun, campy and very aware of how ridiculous it was. There were some suspenseful parts but for the most part it is more on the humorous side of things.
You decide. It’s definitely worth a watch. Enjoy some absurdity.
Guest writer: The wife
I am always looking for ways to display all of our loose figures. Pat has his ideas and I have mine. When he showed me Tom’s work, I immediately wanted all of his displays. They are top quality, awesome display cabinets.
For real, look how sweet this looks!
Totally check out his site – his cabinets are amazing! FigureDisplay.com
A cabinet or two from Tom will definitely be purchased in the future. I’m just glad Pat agrees with me for once.